Rainwater Cistern Bladder Tanks
FAQ: Can I Use a Cistern Tank in My Basement for Water Storage?
Question: Hello. I am in need of a rainwater cistern in my basement. My well is low-producing and I would like to have a tank for my well to pump into and then have the house draw off that when necessary. What size of tanks are available? I have a somewhat limited amount of space in my basement.
Answer: Thank you for contacting us! For the type of rain water collection you have mentioned, a great option could be the Collapsible Rainwater Tank. These offer a pillow tank design that is low profile and quick transport with flexible dimensions. These rainwater tanks have often been placed in tight spaces such as basements, crawl areas, and even under decks. Once in place, these pillow tanks can then be connected to hoses and water systems to supply your house with necessary water requirements.
Questions about rainwater cisterns in basements? We can help! Call our sales team at +1-863-270-8118 or contact us to discuss your project.
Rainwater Cistern Tank Construction
As one of our collapsible tank products, these rain water tanks can be built to several different storage capacities including units up to 210,000 gallons. Typically when used for residential water storage, these tanks can include smaller capacities such as 100, 300, 500 or even 1000 gallons.
- Typical Fabric: The typical fabric used for a rainwater tank includes materials that are NSF 61 or FDA approved. This can help to provide you with a tank that is equipped to handle drinking water if required. Materials can include polyurethane, polymer alloy, and E PVC coated materials.
- Fittings: Standard fittings used on these units measure in size from 3/4" to 2" with several larger fittings (4" through 6") available upon request. Optional fittings can include ports, emergency plugs, pressure relief valves and repair kits.
If you are looking for cistern tank under 1,300 gallons, the typical height for your tank would be anywhere from one to two feet (1' to 2'). After that tanks can range in height from around 2.1 to 3 feet until they reach 9,000 gallons. However, if you do have a specific capacity and specific space requirement, please feel free to let us know. Tanks are often constructed to meet specific storage requirements.
Collapsible Rainwater Cistern Advantages
Rainwater collection tank advantages includes:
- Low Profile
- Easy Transportation when Empty
- Large Range of Sizes and Specifications
- Helps to Earn LEED Points
- Equipped for Potable Water Storage
The rainwater cistern for basements is a favorite for flexible water storage because of its wide range of sizes and capacities. This rainwater cistern for basement storage has been a favorite for unique or small storage spaces, as well as backup storage for wells and other utilities.
Learn More about Rainwater Storage Tanks.
Questions about rainwater cisterns for basement storage? We can help! Call our sales team at +1-863-270-8118 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.