2,000 Gallon Onion Tank
Open-Top, Portable Onion Tanks for Temporary Water Storage
The 2,000 Gallon Onion Tank is a flexible, open top portable tank designed to assist in the storage of drinking water, gray water, and other water types around your location. Built from a range of robust fabrics, these tanks feature a self-rising foam collar that is designed to rise on its own as the onion tank fills with liquid. This helps to quickly store water and other materials as needed for your location.
2,000 Gallon Onion Tank Specifications (Low Side Model)
- Capacity: 2,000 gallons
- Fabric: PVC Sides and Base
- Standard Foam Filled Collar
- Fabric Compatibility: Suitable for Gray Water (MSDS may be required to confirm compatibility)
- Base Diameter: 13' (4 m)
- Filled Height: 32" (0.8 m)
- Weight: 75 lbs (34 kg)
- Appox. Folded Dimensions: 30" x 22" (0.8 m x 0.6 m)
- 2.5" NH (NST) Female Flange (6061 Billet Aluminum)
All onion tanks are typically offered in either a low side or high side tank model. Low side tanks feature a wider base and lower profile, while high side models are more vertical. Choosing between the two will depend on your location and available storage space.
Onion Tank Versatile Applications
The onion water tank is one of our most versatile tank options and is designed to provide quick and effective water storage when it is needed most. The open top style of these tanks has allowed them to be quickly filled on site with pumps, hoses, and other equipment used around your location. Typical uses for the tanks have included the following:
- Fire Fighting Tanks: The onion tank is a favorite for fire fighting applications due to its quick fill and open top structure. Tanks can be filled directly from fire trucks or helicopters to keep a supply of water on site for fire fighters.
- Spa or Pool Cleaning: The 2,000 gallon onion tank or other larger models can also be a great option for pool or spa repair. During cleaning, spas have to be emptied to allow for work or repair to be done to the spa. Since storage is only temporary, onion tanks are often used to store the water until the spa has been repaired.
- Industrial Tank Storage: Another common application for these tanks is use as an industrial storage tank. Due to their large capacity options (sometimes up to 50,000 gallons), these tanks are perfect for storage of industrial water, process water, or other liquids that may need to be stored on site.
For these and other tank storage options, please feel free to browse through our selection of flexible and rigid style tanks. Options have included flexible pillow tanks, steel tank, fiberglass tanks, plastic tanks, frame tanks, and more.