500 Gallon Water Tank Trailer
FAQ: Are dust suppression water tank trailers DOT approved?
Question: Hello. I am in need of a 500 gallon water tank trailer that I can use for dust suppression and ground packing. I require a pump and hose, and I need for the unit to be DOT approved, as I will be using it in multiple locations. What are my options for this?
Answer: For dust suppression, ground packing, and various other watering activities, a great option would be the 500 Gallon Elliptical Water Trailer. This unit comes fully equipped with a DOT-compliant trailer, 500 gallon elliptical tank, engine, pump and hoses. This level of control and versatility has allowed the unit to be successfully used for watering, fertilizing, and even pest control.
Water Trailer Features
The 500 gallon water trailer comes fully equipped with several features that help to provide control and durability to your system. Features for this DOT approved tank and trailer system include:
- 500 gallon Elliptical Polyethylene Tank (high corrosion and chemical resistance)
- 2-5/16" Height Adjustable Hitch
- 5" Channel Iron Frame with 3" Channel Crossmembers
- 2" Honda Pump with 4 HP Honda Engine
- DOT-Compliant LED Brake Lights
- Steel Diamond Tread Fenders
- 25' Fire Hose and Nozzle (50' and 75' options available)
- Galvanized Spray Bar
- 25' x 5/8" Suction Hose
- Electric Brakes
Since you mentioned that you will be using this unit for ground or dust suppression, a great feature you might appreciate on this water trailer is the galvanized spray bar. This spray bar is designed to sit low to the ground to provide an even area for spraying water or other control liquids. The spray bar is often used for dust suppression, as well as turf watering or arena dust control. This trailer also helps to further your level of control by providing a long hose and nozzle, allowing you to reach smaller areas that may require watering or dust control.
Other advantages to this water tank trailer include:
- Elliptical Tank for Low Center of Gravity
- DOT approved for Road Transportation
- Poly Tank for High Liquid Resistances
- Multi-Use Applications
- 500 Gallon Storage Capacity
- Easily Transported Tires
- Several Accessories Available
500 Gallon Water Tank Trailer Applications
In addition to its use as a dust control unit, the 500 gallon water trailer has also been used in several other applications including the following:
- Spray Lubricating Machinery or Saws
- Vegetation Control
- Ground Packing
- Small Grass Fire Suppression
Learn more by visiting the Water Tank Trailers page!