Water Storage Tanks for Drinking Water
Collapsible and Polyethylene Tanks
Hi. I am in need of a water storage tank. I need to store drinking water, ideally in a small storage area with a height of about 5 feet. I was originally looking for a poly tank but I don't know if there's one that can fit in my location. Is there a collapsible tank that might work for this or is the poly tank a better choice? Thank you for contacting us! For storing drinking water, either the poly tank or the collapsible tank could work. Choosing which one might work best in your location can depend on preference and how much water you need to store.
In general, using a Collapsible Tank can offer you many advantages in terms of storage space. Regardless of capacity, collapsible tanks tend to have a very low profile in terms of height. They usually sit at heights anywhere from one foot (1') to five feet (5'). This can help provide you with a low-level tank that will easily fit in your smaller location.
For potable water storage, we would recommend using the DOD Spec WST58 material. Using this material can offer you some of the following advantages:
- NSF 61 and FDA Approved: This makes it safe for storing drinking water.
- Contact Time of 1-7 years: This helps keep your drinking water in storage for as long as you require.
- Fittings: Standard fittings are 3/4" to 2"
- Low Profile: Heights range from 1-5 feet, allowing most tanks to fit in your specified storage space.
- Large Range of Capacities: Tanks can be made in any size ranging from 130 gallons to around 200,000 gallons.
- Holds up well in Various Climates
To fit in the storage space that you mentioned, a great choice in terms of polyethylene is one of our Specialty Plastic Holding Tanks. These tanks are made in unique styles that can fit into unique storage spaces. As you can see from the picture, one of our models is low to the ground and has the profile that can fit in your small space. Dimensions of this low profile tank style include:
- 1250 gallon tank: 80" W x 35" H x 132" L
- 1500 gallon tank: 81" W x 41" H x 130" L
- 2400 gallon tank: 90" W x 51" H x 149" L
Either water storage tank could work well in your location and provide you with safe storage of drinking water.
You can also view our full selection of polyethylene tanks on our Plastic Tanks Main Page. Some of the tanks that might also work for your location include:
- Horizontal Water Tanks
- Leg Tanks
- Elliptical Tanks
- Underground Water Storage Tanks
Please don't hesitate to call our Portable Tanks Team at +1-772-646-0597 with any questions you may have. We are here to support you! The Portable Tank Group, a Division of GEI Works, jumps through hoops for our customers.