Solution for Leaking Cisterns
Poly Liners Restore Old or Leaking Cisterns
Need a cistern liner for your leaking cistern? Learn about our liners and how they can be used in your cistern to help fix leaks and cracks.
Question: I've got a cistern that might be leaking and I'm looking for possible solutions to fix it. It's approximately 12 feet wide, 15 feet long, and 7-8 feet tall. Would I just need a cistern liner?
Answer: I believe we have a couple of solutions that could solve the problem. When looking to amend this kind of tank, customers typically choose one of the following options:
- Cistern Liner: The cistern liner for leaking cistern will feature a reliable tank fabric that is placed directly into an existing cistern. These liners are made to the exact specifications of your tank and then installed into the tank through the means of fittings or other equipment.
- Cistern Pillow Tank: The cistern pillow tank, by contrast, is a economical storage tank that is used to store and keep rainwater in your unit. These tanks are extremely flexible in their design, allowing an empty tank to be placed directly into an existing unit. As the tank is filled with water, tanks will grow in size to meet the size of your existing tank.
Your Cistern Liner Requirements
When determining the correct option for your existing cistern, different factors can be taken into consideration including:
- How much of the Cistern is Leaking
- Available Space
- Quality of the Existing Unit
- Storage Space or Liner Requirements
When to Use a Cistern Liner
If your cistern is only leaking in a small spot, a cistern liner for leaking cistern may be a good option to quickly and easily fix your unit. If you are looking at a couple of different leaks, liners can still be used, but tanks may be another option that you want to consider. Customers will look into a tank option if their unit is particularly old or leaky in its design.
Cistern Liner Fabrics
The fabrics used typically used in the manufacturing of our liners and cistern tanks are FDA and NSF 61 compliant for potable water use. Either of these products could be a viable solution for you. Call GEI Works and you can speak with a member of our tech team to discuss these options further and see which will work best for your application and needs.
Also, see available options for replacing Cistern Water Tanks.