Hydropneumatic Steel Tanks
ASME Pressurized Steel Tanks (200 to 30,000 gallons)
Hydropneumatic Tanks are ASME vessels that contain pressurized water and air. Large tanks are generally horizontal and start at volumes of 2,000 gallons. This is typically lined with polyurethane/epoxy to successfully store potable drinking water. Hydropneumatic water tanks store water prior to distribution and can be used for "on demand" water supply, regulating proper system pressure, and as buffer tanks for large capacity pumping systems. They have often been used to help control surges and keep a handy water supply readily available for your facility.
*Ask us about financing options!
- Volume: 200 - 30,000 gallons
- Diameter: 3'0" - 10'6"
- Straight Shell Length: 5'0" - 44'0"
- Depth of ASME Head in Inches: 6.625 - 21.625
- Total Overall Length: 6'1" - 47'7"
- T Dimension at 2/3 Volume: 22" - 79"
The compressed air becomes a cushion that can exert or take in pressure as necessary. Normal operating pressure, for a hydropneumaitc tank, is 100 psi. They can be located aboveground or underground. The head juts into a basement or vault and all of the fittings are located on that head. Underground vessels are designed with advanced corrosion protection.
1. Tanks are built in accordance with the latest edition of the ASME Unfired Pressure Vessel Code. All ASME vessels are welded, tested, and inspected per ASME Section VII, Division I-UG 27.
2. Thickness are calculated per ASME Section VII, Division I-UG 27.
3. Fitting details/locations are typical.
4. 11" x 15" elliptical man way is typical for an inspection opening. all lined vessels require a 12" x 16" minimum elliptical manway.
5. Tanks with different/larger volumes, dimensions, and pressure are available upon request.
6. ASME stamped vessels are required in most states. Where applicable, non-code hydropneumatic tanks are available upon request.
View Other ASME Pressure Vessels & Water Storage Tanks:
Air Receiver Tank • Boiler Blowdown Tank • Chlorine Contact Tank • Filter Vessel • Fire Protection Tank • Flash Tank • Hot Water Tank • Thermal Expansion Tank HighDro™ Water Tanks: HighDro™ Fire Protection Tank • HighDro™ Potable Water Tank • HighDro™ Rainwater Collection Tank • HighDro™ Wastewater Storage Tank